By Timothy Riese, Jeremy Bradley, Emma Yakimova, Galina Krylova
The booklet of the 2 volumes of Марийский язык для всех in 1990 and 1991 heralded the start of a brand new period for all these drawn to the Mari language and tradition who sooner than that point had met with the possible insurmountable problem posed through the inability of enough fabrics. For the 1st time there has been eventually a guide that handled the fashionable literary language intensive, used to be basically dependent and good idea out, and likewise was once relaxing to exploit. even though the booklet used to be written in Russian and meant exclusively for Russian audio system, it quickly came across its method around the borders and have become the normal paintings for Mari freshmen within the West as well.
Now, 20 years later, the e-book has under no circumstances outlived its usefulness, and curiosity within the Mari language, tradition, literature, and faith has on no account lowered, yet, to the contrary, has elevated. It used to be felt valuable, even if, to evolve the publication to satisfy present-day wishes. This intended updating the texts to mirror fresh adjustments in Mari society, modernizing the orthography and the language used, and changing the e-book for the needs of the various Mari inexperienced persons who should not have entry to a Mari instructor, in different phrases making it absolutely compatible for self-learners. within the pursuits of universality very important alterations have been made: 1) The ebook used to be rewritten in English instead of in Russian, and a pair of) will probably be made on hand around the world on the web, instead of being released in a standard published layout.
Read Online or Download A Comprehensive Introduction to the Mari Language PDF
Similar linguistics books
Contributor word: Assisted through James Minett and Florence Li Wing Yee
The Routledge Encyclopedia of the chinese will actually meet the educational, linguistic and pedagogical wishes of these who're drawn to the chinese in several capacities and for various purposes, resembling Sinologists, chinese language linguists, and academics and rookies of chinese language as a moment language.
The Encyclopedia comprises examine at the altering panorama of the chinese through sixty six eminent lecturers within the box; from study on oracle bone and bronze inscriptions, to chinese acquisition, to the language of the mass media. This reference may be the freshest and authorative out there; it's going to provide an a consultant to shifts over the years in pondering the chinese in addition to offering an outline of up to date topics, debates and study interests.
The editors and members are assisted via an article board produced from the easiest and so much skilled sinologists world-wide. The reference contains an advent, written by way of the editor, which areas the assembled texts of their old and highbrow context.
The Routledge Encyclopedia of the chinese is destined to be valued through students and scholars as a necessary study source.
With CD-ROM. Creativity and synthetic Intelligence: A Conceptual mixing technique takes readers right into a computationally believable version of creativity. encouraged by means of a radical research of labor on creativity from the parts of philosophy, psychology, cognitive technology, cognitive linguistics and synthetic intelligence, the writer offers with a number of the techniques, rules and representations that lie beneath the act of creativity.
Au second où l'on assiste à une évolution brilliant du discours officiel dans les deux principaux will pay berbérophones, I'Algérie et le Maroc, au sujet du statut de los angeles langue berbère et de son enseignement, et d'une manière générale, au sujet de los angeles tradition amazigh, cet ouvrage arrive à propos. L'auteur se suggest de donner de sa langue plusieurs fois millénaire, une description rationnelle qui permet non seulement de saisir ses buildings fondamentales, mais aussi de connaître les règle précises de sa transcription correcte.
- Grammaire latine (complète)
- Pronunciation and Phonetics: A Practical Guide for English Language Teachers
- 25 centuries of language teaching; an inquiry into the science, art, and development of language teaching methodology, 500 B.C.-1969
- Klamath Grammar
Additional info for A Comprehensive Introduction to the Mari Language
3) If the cardinal number ends in an unaccented -е/-о/-ӧ, this final vowel becomes ы before the ending -мше/-мшо/-мшӧ is added: коло ‘twenty’ > колымшо ‘twentieth’, витле ‘fifty’ > витлымше ‘fiftieth’. 4) Note in addition the usage of the reduced vowel in лу ‘ten’ > луымшо ‘tenth’ and consonant alternation in вич ‘five’ > визымше ‘fifth’. 43 In compound numbers, the ordinal suffix is only attached to the last element. The first element remains unaltered, even when the ordinal as a whole is declined: коло кокымшын ‘of the twenty-second’, кумло шымшыже ‘his thirty-seventh one’.
2. Insert the following verbs into the appropriate sentences. ) Елу ден Серге Йошкар-Олаште … . ) Анук ден Ивук школышто … . ) Елу ден Олюк йочасадыш … . ) Миклай ден Эчан … . 3. In the following sentences put the verb into the third person singular or plural. ) (илаш) Елу Йошкар-Олаште … . Елу ден Серге Йошкар-Олаште … . ) (тунемаш) Эчан школышто … . Эчан ден Ивук школышто … . ) (ышташ) Серге редакцийыште пашам … .
It is used to denote possession of the noun to which it is attached and can often be translated as ‘with’: кокымшо номеран пӧрт ‘house number two (house with the number two)’, кудымшо номеран школ ‘school number six (school with the number six)’, вӱд ‘water’ > вӱдан ‘watery’. 3. ден: Note that when nouns are coupled with the word ден, suffixes are only attached to the last item: Елу ден Серген йочашт уло? V. Exercises 1. Insert the following verbs into the appropriate sentences. ) Ивук университетыште … .
A Comprehensive Introduction to the Mari Language by Timothy Riese, Jeremy Bradley, Emma Yakimova, Galina Krylova